Take Me UP
Take Me Up, a certified program, is open to youths between the ages of 18 and 25 years old, who are interested in taking a gap year, a unique and rewarding experience, in order to learn about themselves and prepare for the professional world.
Take Me UP, a certified program for a rewarding and one-of-a-kind gap year
In the often intense universe of higher education, knowing how to take a step back, understanding what you want and nurturing your curiosity regarding foreign languages and cultures may represent a life-saving break. This is what Take Me Up proposes, a structured and certified program that makes it possible for young high school graduates or students in higher education to take advantage of a gap year in order to come out of their shell and experience a one-of-a-kind human and international adventure.
The program is split up into two distinct periods:
- Starting in September, spend a semester on the island of Malta and participate in workshops that develop soft skills (dance, rhetoric, negotiation, theater, etc.) and learn more about yourself… the whole semester is in English so you can strengthen your linguistic skills while taking advantage of a beautiful setting in the middle of the Mediterranean.
- Starting in January, the second semester is dedicated to international awareness. Personalized according to the student’s wishes, it offers the opportunity to go abroad for a study semester at one of dozens of partner universities or carry out an internship or humanitarian mission abroad. For youths who would like to stay in France, it is possible to carry out this semester in France, by undertaking, for example, civic service, an internship or a humanitarian mission.
Signing up for the Take Me UP program means taking the time to trust in yourself, defining what you are interested in, becoming bilingual and standing out in the eyes of recruiters.
- 60% of people who took some kind of break, regardless of what it was, declare that this helped them find their current career or academic program*
- 95% of participants consider that their year prepared them well for a transition towards teaching and the working world*
- 82% confirm that it gave them a competitive advantage for the rest of their academic studies and professional career*
- 95% were exposed to new ideas and ways of seeing the world*
- 97% believe that this helped them become more mature and confident*
- 83% continued their higher education after their gap year*
* Source : Gap Year Association